Sydney Furniture Removalists Storage - Terms & Conditions
- Client shall mean the person who requests the Company to
arrange for the carriage of Goods or for the provision of other services on its
behalf . Where the Client is an incorporated body the directors of the Client guarantee
- Company shall mean the person who is identified as Site Operator
on this Website
- Contractor shall mean any person who has appointed the Company
as agent to find work on behalf of that person.
- Goods shall mean any goods, which the Client has requested
to be carried or arranged to have carried.
- Services shall mean any storage, pre-packing ,cleaning and
any other services whatsoever that the Client has requested the Company to provide.
- Hourly Rate As given to the client on confirmation email
or by phone and to sign on the move proceeding.
- Unless agreed in writing by the Removal Contractor, they will not, as part of
the quoted removal services.
- Disconnect or reconnect appliances, fixtures, fittings
- Take up or lay fitted carpet or floor coverings.
- Dismantle or assemble unit or system furniture, fitments or fittings.
- Move storage heaters, unless they are dismantled.
- Move items from a loft or a cellar, unless properly
lit and safe access so provided.
- Should the customer pay any money to the contractors
on the day of the move for work carried out which does not form part of the move
specification as per the booking confirmation, unless the additional work has been
authorised by the supplier, or management of the contractors - prior to completion
of said work, then this money is not deemed in favour of the supplier or removal
contractor, and the work carried out will be charged via separate invoice.
- Sydney Furniture Removals & Storage (Carrier) is not a common carrier and will accept no responsibility as such. All goods are carried subject only to these Conditions and the Company and the Contractor reserve the right to refuse to carry anyGoods.
- It is agreed that the person delivering any goods to the Carrier for carriage is authorised to sign the Contract herein.
- The Sender warrants that the package contains no explosive, volatile spirits or other goods of a dangerous, inflammable or offensive nature and that the package and its contents will cause no damage or danger to other goods or the Carrier.
- The Carrier's charges for carriage shall be payable by the Sender.
- If on demand any person fails to pay charges due to the Carrier in respect of any service rendered by the Carrier the Carrier may detain and sell all or any of the goods of the other person which are in its possession and out of the moneys arising from the sale retain the charges so payable and all charges and expenses of the detention,and sale and shall remainder the surplus if any, of the moneys arising from the sale and such of the goods as remain unsold to the person entitled thereto. Any such sale shall not prejudice or affect the right of the Carrier to recover from the person or persons liable to pay the same any charges due or payable in respect of any such service or detention and sale.
- The Carrier may arrange with any other person, firm or corporation to undertake the carriage hereby contracted for, or services ancillary thereto and these special conditions shall (mutatis mutandis) apply to such person, firm or corporation its servants or agents whilst in the course of undertaking any such carriage or services as though he, it or they were between the Carrier.
- Freight shall be payable whether goods are delivered to a Consignee or not and whether damaged or otherwise. Under no circumstances will any payment for carriage be refunded.
- The Carrier accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage of any nature arising out of or incidental to the carriage or any service ancillary thereto whether due or alleged to be due to misconduct or negligence on the part of the Carrier or not.
- Terms relating to the movement of Goods.
- Movement of incorrect goods. The Client shall provide an authorised representative who will be responsible for ensuring that the correct goods are loaded. Whether or not such a representative is provided, and WHETHER OR NOT the Client provided the Company with a LIST of ITEMS to be moved, the Client shall pay all reasonable additional charges whatsoever resulting from the movement of incorrect goods or non-movement of goods that the Client intended to have moved.
- If there is no-one in attendance at the place for delivery of the Goods the Company shall be entitled at its discretion to leave the Goods at that place or to return at a later time until delivery is completed, storing the Goods at any convenient place in the meantime, and the Client agrees to pay any reasonable additional charges incurred thereby to the Company. 11c) The method, route and time by which the carriage of Goods or provision of services under this contract are performed shall be atthe absolute discretion of the Company.
- GOODS IN STORAGE
- If goods are stored by the Removal Contractor, or any other company as recommended by us, then you must provide us with a correspondence address, and contact telephone information
- If you do not provide and address or respond to the Removal Contractors, ours or the Storage Companies written or telephone requests, they may publish such notices in a public newspaper in the area to form which the goods were moved, all costs incurred will be charged to your account. The goods will not be released until the account has been paid in full. Additional charges will be applied for additional time in storage.
- If after 28 days of the Removal Contractors written attempts, you do not pay the bill in full then they may sell or dispose of some or all of the goods to cover the cost of the outstanding account. Any additional proceeds will be credited to your account awaiting your instructions.
- If you make your own arrangements to collect the goods out of storage, then they will be entitled to charge for handing them over. The Removal Contractors liability will cease upon handing over the goods.
The Carrier accepts no responsibility by any delay and will not offer any refunds because of any delays.
- The carrier will not offer any refunds to clients due to the truck size. If the truck is not big enough for all items then a second trip may be required.
- We do not often site the jobs so we can't know exactly how much there is to go in the truck.
- The carrier will not offer any refunds related to the clients expectations of the length of time to do the job. Some removalists are faster than others that more careful.
- We do not offer to beat or match the length of time taken to do a previous job. All jobs are different, and all removalists are different. Traffic access etc.
- Overdue Accounts
If Accounts are not settled within 14 days we will refer the matter to an external collections company if this happens you agree that the company may charge a once off 15% collection fee plus 9% interest on any overdue amount, calculated daily from the due date of payment.
Copyright 2009. All rights reserved.